Pivot Occupational Health provides immediate treatment for all work related injuries and illness. We understand that every injury that happens at work affects an employer’s ability to conduct business and an employee’s ability to do their job and provide for their family. For this reason, we provide onsite medical care that results in quicker resolutions and better outcomes. We believe in a Day 0 Approach; which means, the faster a patient is seen once a symptom presents itself, the better chance we have of preventing injury.
Different from emergency rooms, primary care physicians, or an urgent care facility, Pivot specializes in the treatment of occupational health and worker related injuries. Our physicians and providers are trained and certified in occupational medicine and collectively have over 50 years’ experience treating the injured worker. Our nurses are familiar with the unique challenges of worksite environments and trained to help you with your specific occupational health needs.
Communication is key to the success and positive outcomes.
Our providers help facilitate that communication by:
- Communicate closely with department managers/supervisors so that work-related injuries sustained by their employees are reported and evaluated promptly
- Collaborate with our workers’ compensation nurse case manager to facilitate medical treatment
- Communicate with other providers, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, pharmacy, and other community resources
- Work closely with the injured employee and the employee’s managers regarding employee’s work status
- Provide outlined work restrictions and work with the injured employee and the employee’s managers to determine whether reasonable accommodation can be made
- Manage and provide a comprehensive follow up evaluation of employees who are exposed to blood borne pathogens utilizing the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and evidence based infectious disease evaluation and treatment recommendations